Devin The Dude - Waitin To Inhale (2007, Houston, TX)

Rap des 49 autres États américains.

Message par Nemo le 05 Sep 2007, 10:28

J'annonce d'ailleurs qu'une nouvelle version au top de l'abcdr devrait être dispo en octobre. Et je pense vraiment que ça va relancer encore plus le webzine. Donc ;)

Pour en revenir à Devin, J'ai kiffé son refrain sur le track de Special Teamz. Apparemment il serait aussi sur l'album à venir de Saigon. C'est trop devenu le refrain à la mode eheh, ça fait plaisir !
Nemo
Bronze Rider

Message(s) : 82

Publicité

Publicité

Message par VincePFunk le 02 Jan 2008, 21:27

L'album est terrible mon coup de coeur 2007 :wink:
VincePFunk
Gold Rider

Message(s) : 277

Message par ze0n le 05 Fév 2008, 04:37

IT'S A WRAP FOR DEVIN THE DUDE AND RAP-A-LOT RECORDS

(Houston, TX, February 4, 2008) After more than 15 years with his one and only record label, Devin the Dude has decided not to renew his contract with Rap-A-Lot Records in an effort to pursue other career options. Since signing his deal with the Odd Squad on Rap-A-Lot records in 1992, the legendary comedic rapper has been splitting the spleens of hip-hop lovers with his hilarious brand of risqué funk with each project. Releasing their first album together Fadanuf Fa Erybody in 1994 the group's unique style, flow and themes quickly made them a favorite on the underground.

Recognizing his genuine appeal, Houston's Godfather of hip-hop invited Devin to join another group, Face Mob which only put out one album together (The Other Side of the Law, 1996). When Face Mob broke up it was time for Devin to strike out on his own and he delivered his first solo classic The Dude. As a fan of Smokey Robinson's LP of the same title, Devin's first solo offering was filled with the same style of funk laden grooves doused with the Coughee Bros signature brand of smoothed out hip-hop production and secured The Dude as a classic hip-hop album with his ode to Wine, Women and Weed. Although the album lacked the commercial success many felt it deserved, it brought Devin to the attention of the likes of Dr. Dre who invited the rapper to do a verse on the hit single "F*%k You" on Dre Dre's Chronic album in 2001 catapulting him to another level in the game.

Devin recorded three solo albums with Rap-A-Lot over the course of the last 10 years Just Trying 2 Live (2002) 2 Tha Extreme (2004) and delivering yet another classic with his final album Waiting to Inhale which dropped March 07. "Rap-A-Lot has been my family for a long time and there's no bad blood at all," Explains Devin of his decision to leave the label, "But change is a part of life and I feel like this is the time to make a change and focus more on the business side of my career, I've had a nice run so I'd like to develop artists and give some of these other cats out here a platform to shine." Devin has spent this past year touring with his original Coughee Bros. promoting the recently released independent project "Waitin Our Turn". With several offers on the table for label situations, Devin is exploring options right now but is ready to get back in the lab and blow out another batch of his finest music for a new generation of music lovers

Ca vient de son myspace, aparemment il quitte Rap a Lot dans de bonnes conditions pas comme son "collègue" Yukmouth qui voit la sortie de son nouvel album ( finalement annoncée comme double Lp prévu le 12 février)zappée car il a tout simplement annulé son deal avec J Prince ...
Jackpot !
ze0n
Untouchable Rider (Moderator)

Message(s) : 2362

Message par Tibo le 05 Fév 2008, 19:26

Un tournant dans ça carrière. Je me fait pas de soucis tout ce qu'il touche il réussit la preuve du coughee brothaz de l'année dernière sortie en indé. Bref vivement la suite 8) .
Tibo
Platinum Rider

Message(s) : 693

Re: Devin The Dude - Waitin To Inhale (2007, Houston, TX)

Message par The Untouchable le 02 Déc 2008, 13:06

désolé de remonté le topic comme ça mais aprés toute les chroniques sur le dude j'ai decidé de me pencher sur sa discographie et putin dès que le compte en banque le permet j'achete. Devin nous met dans le delire direct et sur cet opus y en a une principalement qui m'a retenue totalement c'est Almighty Dollar serieux elle me bute un flow de ouf une instru qui deboite sec..

Merci pour mavoir fait "decouvrir" le mec..
The Untouchable
Untouchable Rider (Moderator)

Message(s) : 2572

Précédent

Retour vers COAST 2 COAST