[DVD] Lyricist Lounge: Dirty States Of America (2004)

Rap des 49 autres États américains.

Message par boi-dan_boi-dan le 29 Déc 2007, 06:05

Trust me this is a must have for anybody whoever posted in this sub-forum. A very well documented DVD. Forget the average looking cover. This is the best, thorough hip-hop documentary I have ever seen. They go way back to the early, early southern rap forefathers. I promise you will have a greater appreciation and understanding of down south hip hop after viewing this. The level of research, documentation and interviews is on par with something from The History Channel.

//I can't believe it's so cheap at amazon.

"The untold story of Southern Hip-Hop! In a commercial music industry which has lost its way artistically and creatively, Southern Hip-Hop is steeped in spirituality and struggle and is deeply rooted in slavery, the civil rights movement, poverty and oppression. Dirty States of America chronicles Southern Hip-Hop culture's rich history. Raw and poignant, often humorous, the film explores the driving forces behind the Southern experience. Now for the first time, hear from the rappers who started it all in the Dirty South! Featuring the "cream of the crop" of the All-Stars of Southern Hip-Hop including David Banner, Outkast, Lil John, Scarface, Killer Mike, Goodie Mob, Petey Pablo, Bubba Sparxxx, Khia, Juvenile, Lil' Flip and many more! Featuring gold and platinum artists Outkast, Mystikal, Scarface, Goodie Mob, Lil' John, Petey Pablo, Juvenile, Bubba Sparxxx, Lil' Flip, Devin the Dude, Youngbloodz, 8Ball, Khia, T.I., Big Gipp, Big V and Cee-Lo."
boi-dan_boi-dan
Tourist Rider

Message(s) : 41

Publicité

Publicité

Message par Kicket le 29 Déc 2007, 08:14

sounds very good indeed... do they speak about the SPC at least? and what about the soundtrack? i saw the CD on Amazon...
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message(s) : 9127

Message par boi-dan_boi-dan le 29 Déc 2007, 19:32

I hear the sdtrk is extremely wack. I even think I have it around somewhere.

I'm not the aware of SPC except for K-Rino, so I can't say if any of the members are featured. But I do know I watch this DVD like twice a year, and I always see some obscure rapper of whom I just became aware of in the last 6 months. But as far as spotlighting them, thats a negative. When they go into the history of Houston they unfortunately only start with the OG Geto Boys & DJ Screw. I think Houston was the only city on the DVD that they didn't go all the way back. But for Atlanta, Memphis & Florida, they did a good job of showcasing the SPC counterparts of these cities/state.
boi-dan_boi-dan
Tourist Rider

Message par Kicket le 29 Déc 2007, 21:40

thx boi, i just copped it on eBay for 6€ with shipping included!!! 8)
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par boi-dan_boi-dan le 10 Fév 2008, 03:54

How was it??
boi-dan_boi-dan
Tourist Rider

Message par Kicket le 10 Fév 2008, 05:01

been busy then my TV screen got broken and is currently being repared... i suck... :? :lol:
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Retour vers COAST 2 COAST