XL Middleton (Pasadena)

Rap de l'État intouchable comme Eliot Ness.

Message par OGM le 20 Juil 2006, 22:39

XL Middleton a écrit:The second track i got is from Black featuring yours tipsy XL Middleton, this one is called "Yardnic Theme", it's the official music to the yearly Pasadena event which takes place at Brookside Park every summer...so yeah this one of those fill-up-your-red-plastic-cups type of summer anthems...listen and drop some feedback too!!!

http://www.crowncityentertainment.com/a ... _Theme.mp3

:shock: ok,that's the type of shit i like from yours Sir!

perfect Pasadena Funky anthem for the summer! 8)
the beat is tight,you've produced it fo'sho,flows are on point,who did the talkbox?it may have been better played,lol...but i'm just kinddin',it's definitely a banger,i'll bump' it in the ride... 8)
OGM
Way 2 Bling-Bling Rider

Message(s) : 4545

Publicité

Publicité

Message par Kicket le 21 Juil 2006, 12:20

whoa!!! tight ass track indeed !!!!!!! the beat is a banger !!!

about the talkbox, i may be wrong but i think it sounds kinda more like vocoder, nah?

by the way, Black & Mild now officially goes by the name Black?? is it due to the issue you had with that group pissin' you off with the "B&M" logo??
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message(s) : 9127

Message par XL Middleton le 25 Juil 2006, 19:55

chea chea...naw its the talkbox, i'm just a beginner to be honest :oops: (yo Doggmaster where u at????) im gettin better everyday though, with every project i think everyone will see an improvement...good thing too cuz that's like the only element of FUNK that i haven't really tackled yet...anyway Angry Asians Album coming August 11th and Drunken Evening Pt. 2 coming September, who's gonna get a copy???
XL Middleton
Silver Rider

Message(s) : 184

Message par Kicket le 25 Juil 2006, 21:23

eheh...hey XL, holla at me on MSN when u can man, i need to talk to u about something...

also, i downloaded the other day the compilation "Underground Allstarz Vol. 1" by Gonzoe...

there's that track by Beads, titled "Bottles In The Air", when i first listened to it, i was like "wtf ???", lol... so you're featured on it (first verse) and you produce it... how come you ain't even credited??
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par XL Middleton le 31 Juil 2006, 07:04

yeah the dude who actually made the song, Beads, he's the one who got that shit hooked up, i didn't know it came out already. but i didn't have anything to do with credits or anything.
XL Middleton
Silver Rider

Message par XL Middleton le 31 Juil 2006, 07:09

oh yeah, here's the new single "Get It How U Get It" feat. D'Zire from XL Middleton & 1stBorn's "The Angry Asians Album":

http://www.crowncityentertainment.com/a ... Get_It.mp3

CLICK BELOW TO PRE-ORDER XL MIDDLETON & 1STBORN'S "THE ANGRY ASIANS ALBUM":

http://www.crowncityentertainment.com/angryasians.htm

1. Konnichi West
2. The Ultimate Authority (feat. Gr8 Dane)
3. Take A Trip
4. Get It How U Get It (feat. D'Zire)
5. U Think U Special (feat. Swiss Tha Bizness)
6. Wipe U Off The Map (feat. Boss, Black, Rev, Clinton Wayne)
7. They Say (feat. Non-Cents)
8. We Dont Fuck Wit U (feat. Boss)
9. If It Aint Crackin (feat. Rev)
10. Is That You (feat. MP)
11. Do What We Do (feat. Mista Mil)
12. Tell U What U Wanna Hear (feat. Black)
13. Try Me (feat. Black & MP)
14. Make You Proud
15. Konnichi West (G-House Remix) BONUS TRACK

1. Konnichi West
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: We did this one for our fans overseas, since that's mainly where we're gonna market this album, but I would say the track is still pretty universal - the point of this album wasn't to make a record that only Asians can relate to, this shit is for everybody. We had to do a track like this just to set it off though, basically uniting the traditional sound of Japanese kotos with some West Coast funk. On paper, I know it sounds like a crazy mix but it works.

2. The Ultimate Authority (feat. Gr8 Dane)
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: You might not guess it from the title, but the concept is this: You're talking trash, we know you're talking trash, but we ain't tripping, it's more comical. As for the track, I centered this one around the bassline, kind of like some of Quik's productions where everything is real minimal during the verses, then it all comes in during the hook. I used all my favorite instruments - the smooth rhodes, the cheesy 80's synthesizers, you gotta love that.

3. Take A Trip
Produced by Bumpus

XL: This one is just some all-out, MC slaughter type shit. This is one of the ones that shows you why this is the "ANGRY Asians Album". We just spit on it, plain and simple. I got my homie Def J doing the scratches on the hook, sometimes I feel like that shit is a lost art, you hardly ever hear anyone scratching on new hip hop records. The track is real West'd out though, it's kind of a throwback and I think you'll vibe to it more if you look at it like that, instead of looking at it like we're trying to keep an outdated sound alive.

4. Get It How U Get It (feat. D'Zire)
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: We were just in our grinding mindstate when we did this track. We just telling people, get it however you can. Some people choose the legit way, some don't, that's up to you. I like how this one came out; I was spitting some cynical-type shit on it, just talking about how capital-centered our society is, and how they don't care what you're doing long as they can tax a cool percentage. We got D'Zire on the hook, she's the one who did the singing on "Cash Out", she's the cousin of one of our other artists, Young Tremayne. If you were into tracks like "Feel So West Coast", "Only Way 2 Chill", shit like that, this is definitely a record for you.

5. U Think U Special (feat. Swiss Tha Bizness)
Produced by 1stBorn

XL: People keep calling this our "crunk record". I could see that, the track has that slow bounce to it, but it's on some other shit. I think it's a fun record, we just clowning on muthafuckas who think they're too fresh. I could see a track like this coming from, say, a Ludacris or someone like that, but we laced it with a more West Coast mentality.

6. Wipe U Off The Map (feat. Boss, Black, Rev, Clinton Wayne)
Produced by F-Major

XL: We did this track to showcase some genuine spittery. It's six of us on the track, all spitting 16 bars each, so everyone definitely gets their chance to shine. I think everyone really did their thing, everybody has a different rhyme style from one another, it's not like when you hear a whole camp of artists and everybody pretty much has that same flow, like they all been kicking it around each other a little too tough. And of course the homie Clinton Wayne ends the track with a "shamone, man!!!"

7. They Say (feat. Non-Cents)
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: You don't hear too many dark tracks from me, this is one of the few. I think everyone can relate to the concept in its most basic form - feeling worn down from trying to make shit crack for yourself, having to deal with bills and all kinds of fucked up shit. We just took the concept and exaggerated it into a "on the edge" type of track, something that would make it a little more entertaining then just some simple "I'm struggling" type of shit.

8. We Dont Fuck Wit U (feat. Boss)
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: This is our other single besides "Konnichi West", I think production-wise it represents a good direction to go in as far as updating the traditional West Coast sound. I mean, you can recognize it as some Cali shit, but its different, innovative. It's West Coast production with a full awareness of what's going on in the industry outside of our region. And that dude Boss, man he on there spitting like always, the way he works is crazy. Soon as you throw on the beat, he already got something for it. I can respect that, nowadays it's hard, if not impossible, for me to be writing shit just to write. But that's how me and Boss knock out so much material, his shit is usually already ready by the time we get to the studio.

9. If It Ain't Crackin (feat. Rev)
Produced by 1stBorn

XL: This one is a party song, plain and simple. "If it ain't crackin, I don't wanna talk about it." Simple as that. This track is sample-based and it's West as fuck. It's like what would happen if Kanye or Just Blaze tried to come out with some Cali type shit.

10. Is That You (feat. MP)
Produced by Mista Mil

XL: Probably our least "Angry" song, you know you gotta switch it up and do some shit that the women will feel. We still keepin it crackin on here though, I'm talking about looking for a bomb ass chick to tip back bottles with and shit. And the homie MP, he always does crazy hooks. He's real talented man. 99 percent of the time he writes the hooks as well as singing them.

11. Do What We Do (feat. Mista Mil)
Produced by Mista Mil

XL: We did this record for the true hip hop fans out there. This is that shit that you would hear on the Wake Up Show or on a underground mixtape. It's gonna remind a lotta people of the days when Primo had that one track on everybody's album, that b-side type record with the chopped samples and the cuts on the hook. People are gonna see what's up with the homie Mista Mil. He's talented on the mic and with the tracks. If you look at the two songs he produced on this album, they're so different from one another. He's real versatile, people gonna see what I mean, watch.

12. Tell U What U Wanna Hear (feat. Black)
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: Well, we had to bounce back from that "Is That You" song and come with some X-rated shit! You know me, Black, and Rev are about to drop "The Strip Club Album" next year. If we can include a DVD with that, it's a wrap! Nah, but for real, this one is on some cool, bouncy shit. It would be a perfect single if we were marketing to a more mainstream audience. I think this track is another example of some recognizably West Coast, but innovative type shit. A lot of the shit I produce is real self-indulgent as far as the type of sounds that I like, but I know for some people it doesn't sound "new" enough. So I'm trying to satisfy both sides of the coin with the beats these days.

13. Try Me (feat. Black & MP)
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: I'm a big fan of the 1980's R&B sound, I'm talking One Way, Cameo, DeBarge, Prince, all that shit is fly to me. Quik has tapped into that sound, the homies Big Saccs & Bumpus do that type of shit, but it hasn't really caught on as a full-blown trend. I love it, the synthesizer tom-toms, big leads, slap basses, drum machine percussion. We were right on the edge back then, the 80's and 90's were like the end of real music. I don't mind going back and exploring that sound, to me it's timeless. Just like with all the other shit I do, it's important to look as far ahead as we do back, that keeps the music from sounding outdated.

14. Make You Proud
Produced by Sic Sense

XL: This was one of the last songs we finished for the album. We realized that we didn't have enough introspective type shit, so we just wanted to hit real hard in that area for one track. Aside from "Konnichi West", this one is another big favorite for everyone who's heard the record.

15. Konnichi West (G-House Remix)
Produced by XL Middleton

XL: This track has the same instrumental as the original "Konnichi West", but we re-did it and it features five MC's from Japan. Me and Black are gonna be out there touring this September so we definitely wanna make the biggest mark we can on the market out there before we go. This is a bonus track that's only gonna be on the import version of the album.

XL Middleton & 1stBorn's "The Angry Asians Album" (Japanese import version) is coming August 11th from Crown City Entertainment/ G-House Records. It will be available outside of Japan from http://www.crowncityentertainment.com, http://www.cdbaby.com, http://www.towerrecords.com, and many other retailers as well. It will sell for the same price as all other Crown City Entertainment titles, it won't cost extra even though it is an im
XL Middleton
Silver Rider

Message par ze0n le 31 Juil 2006, 11:21

Thanks for the review Sir Middleton :wink:
That' Angry Asian's LP will enjoy our Summertime !!!
ze0n
Untouchable Rider (Moderator)

Message(s) : 2362

Message par OGM le 31 Juil 2006, 18:14

yeah yeah,good job XL,thanks for this full review of your next release! 8)

it seems to be another good album,we're waiting untill it comes out!
OGM
Way 2 Bling-Bling Rider

Message par XL Middleton le 31 Juil 2006, 19:58

cool thanx 4 the support homies!!
XL Middleton
Silver Rider

Message par Havikk le 01 Août 2006, 21:33

en tout cas les sons en ecoutes son tres intéresants! g beaucoup accroché konnichi west
yeah xl this is an another good project!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/doubleko

Hit Combo dispo prepar ton biff!
Havikk
Silver Rider

Message(s) : 131

Message par OGM le 07 Sep 2006, 22:57

bon,ca fait un ptit moment il est pas venu nous voir ton homie Kicket,lol.

il va sortir prochainement son nouveau lp,"Drunken Evening Pt. 2: The Refill"le 27 Septembre,via le label Japonais G-House Recordz (et nous?!).
il va d'ailleurs effectuer dans une semaine ,une tournée au pays du soleil levant...

et voila deux tracks mise a dispo sur son site:

http://www.crowncityentertainment.com/a ... Ah_Yes.mp3

http://www.crowncityentertainment.com/a ... Summer.mp3 8)
OGM
Way 2 Bling-Bling Rider

Message par Kicket le 08 Sep 2006, 00:12

d'ailleurs les 2 tracks défoncent bien, il fait définitivement plaisir ce garçon...

j'l'ai pas encore capté depuis que je suis rentré sinon, mais dès que je l'intercepte je lui demande quelles sont les news...

la tournée au Japon ça va bien défourailler j'en suis sûr, faudra qu'il vienne poster à l'occaz pour nous raconter ça...

ah et sinon, je kiffe l'artwork du "Angry Asians" 8)
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par SugaQuik le 08 Sep 2006, 06:50

oué lol c'est ce que je voulais dire aussi, l'artwork de angry asians est exellent , presque golri, mais en tout cas le dessin est plus réussi que pour xl for president :lol:
SugaQuik
Gold Rider

Message(s) : 329

Message par Kicket le 12 Sep 2006, 17:06

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/xlmiddleton/

dope interview... XL showin' love for his French listeners... :wink:
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par Dielci le 22 Sep 2006, 13:29

si le reste des tracks est dans la mm veine , jsuis preneur direct...

ce sera dispo quand en france le 1stborn ?
Dielci
Tourist Rider

Message(s) : 44

Message par Kicket le 22 Sep 2006, 13:31

son solo "First Draft" ou l'album commun "Angry Asians" avec XL ??

si c'est son solo, j'en ai à vendre, 10€ fdp inclus => pm

si c'est le "Angry Asians", va falloir que je passe commande de tte façon auprès d'XL, tir groupé celui-là et son nouveau solo à lui qui sort à la fin du mois... j'attends qu'il rentre de sa tournée japonaise...
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par OGM le 06 Oct 2006, 19:23

bon,vu que XL a d'autres chat(te)s a fouetter,et que son french dude Kicket n'est pas on point niveau infos sur son homie:

"Drunken Evening Pt. 2: The Refill" sort le 09 Octobre.

tracklist:

1. The Refill (Intro)
2. Ah Yes
3. Dick Rydin Radio (Skit)
4. 4 Tha West (feat. Black)
5. Drunk Guy In The Club (Skit)
6. Let It Bump
7. Lose Control (feat. MP)
8. West Coast '96 (feat. Black)
9. Gettin Paper In Cali
10. Cold Blooded (feat. Rev)
11. When U Down (feat. Clinton Wayne)
12. Aint Cheaper 2 Keep Her
13. Hater Skit
14. Freestyle (Autobiography)
15. G-House Party (feat. Mr. Low-D)
16. Controversy Sells
17. Stanley Swineberger (Skit)
18. U Aint Slick!!! (feat. Gr8 Dane)
19. Another Summer
20. Wouldnt Wanna Spoil That (feat. Mista Mil)
21. Shotgun Pt. 2 (feat. Rev & MP)
22. 4 Tha West (DJ PMX Remix, Bonus Track)

ca a l'air pas mal du tout,deux tracks déja précédemment postées...et c'est quoi cte bonus la,rmx by PMX! :shock: 8)

nouvel extrait:

http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/2006/octobe ... mp-(dubcnn).mp3 8)

keep doin' your job dude,real westcoast flavor,fulled p-funk track,i love that shit!!
OGM
Way 2 Bling-Bling Rider

Message par Kicket le 07 Oct 2006, 12:49

super dur le "Let It Bump" en effet... :D
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par Westhug le 07 Oct 2006, 13:17

j'trouve ça sonne toujours pareil
"J'm'appelle pas Herbert. Inspecteur Frank Lewden. Mes amis m'appellent Frank, toi tu peux m'appeller Inspecteur Lewden"
Westhug
Gold Rider

Message(s) : 265

Message par Kicket le 07 Oct 2006, 15:03

lol, bah si ça sonne toujours pareil comme ça, je suis preneur perso... paye ton beat que Battlecat aurait pas désapprouvé...
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par Kicket le 11 Oct 2006, 22:58

source : www.crowncityentertainement.com évidemment...

Pictures From The XL Middleton Japan Tour

XL Middleton recently returned from a tour of Japan that included performances in Tokyo, Yokohama, and Gunma, as well as a radio appearance on the popular Joint One Radio Show hosted by Joey Slick. Now, in conjunction with the homies from Westified.com, we bring you a collection of pics from the tour. XL, along with Non-Cents, Danny O, and the L22 homies Mista Mil and DJ Def J, ripped several shows and kicked it with fans, taking tequila shots and signing autographs, as well as giving concertgoers the special opportunity to buy copies of XL's latest album Drunken Evening Pt. 2: The Refill, before its scheduled street date of September 27th.

==> http://www.westified.com/newsoct06.htm#2

ahahah, like that one dude !!!

XL Middleton "Drunken Evening Pt. 2: The Refill" Available Now!!!

Yeah yeah, we know there were some delays getting it to you, but now the time has come for you to the make that nice young trip to the liquor store and prepare to church real heavy with XL Middleton's latest, Drunken Evening Pt. 2: The Refill. The reaction to the advance/promo copies has been stellar, I'm hearing talk of this being the Middleton man's best work yet. But of course, you can CLICK HERE TO BUY THE ALBUM and be the judge of it for yourself. Either way, I doubt you'll be mad at the 22 alcohol-soaked anthems on the project. It's been a good year for Crown City Entertainment and Drunken Evening Pt. 2 is just setting the stage for '07, which will include a Crown City Entertainment Greatest Hits album in February, plus a collab album from XL and Black entitled Pacific Pimpin', and another XL solo which is already promising to outdo all of his previous work. Bottoms up! And KANPAI to all the homies in Japan!!!
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

Message par Pimp Ass Folk le 12 Oct 2006, 05:40

Pimp Ass Folk
Silver Rider

Message(s) : 126

Message par XL Middleton le 12 Oct 2006, 09:46

yo pimpin i need those pics you got!!!! can u send em to me?????? holla at me man thanx....
XL Middleton
Silver Rider

Message par Lilvinkey le 12 Oct 2006, 15:18

Salut moi c'est Lilvinkey un grand fan et consommateur de Westcoast toujours à la recherche d'influence nouvelles en matière de son West. XL middleton c'est trop terrible est-ce que son dernier album vaut le Part1 Druken evening???? t facon je compte quand meme l acheter :lol: trop accroc je suis :shock: En tout cas j'ai pris le Angry Asians et me lasse pas d'ecouter en boucle le Koooooonnichiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Weeeeeeest REMIX... :P
Sinon rien à voir mais pour rester dans l'influence justement de son West Jp le dernier de Suga Free est terrible surtout le morceau DAIS Westcoast un feat un peu totalement J pop avec une pitite que je connais pas en J pop.. mais qui révèle que meme le PIMP 8) connait l'influence JP ca fait plaisir en tout cas!!! Bon faut que je deballe l album de 1st born je vous laisse A+++ :P
Lilvinkey
Gold Rider

Message(s) : 440

Message par Kicket le 12 Oct 2006, 23:35

le temps d'être livré et yaura d'ici pas trop trop longtemps le nouveau solo d'XL ainsi que le Angry Asians dispo dans le 187 Store... :wink:
Kicket
Ultimate Rider (Admin)

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers KILLA CALI