#041 (2009-02-25) -- Richmond All Stars

Articles du blog, boutique en ligne, communauté des 187 Ridaz, artistes et projets affiliés, etc.

Message par Ya Boy Black Ice le 25 Fév 2009, 09:19

Today we kept the line-up "All Richmond, Cali" from '91 to 2k7, except for faithful trip to Paris, France. We discuss: Success without fame, my promise to the clients of G-funk, Shout out to QSJ Radio, and more.

PLAYLIST

1. My Last Rhyme Will Be My Last Breath - Ya Boy Black Ice - 5.0 REASONS - 10th Anniversary (1998-2008) - 2008

2. RinnessyZee - Rinnessy - It Iz Whut It Iz - 2008

3. Manical - Griffin - De'A'Bo'Leek - 2000

4. Black Money - Prophets Of Rage - Brand New World - 1997

5. YOU ONE - POACH STEVENS - WERK - 2008

6. Savv Side - Savv Side (of Societies Creation) - Savv Side (single 1999)

7. Levels Of The Game - Mafiosos - Fo Tha Money - 1996

8. Dedicated Too ... - J. Dandridge - Too Experienced - 2000

9. Game Over - Mafia Canine - Areadogz - 2007

10. The Big Payback - Filthy Phil - Consequences - 1991

11. Goin Bad - C.I.N. - Richmond Roulette - 1996

During a session inside the legendery K-Lou Studios, Rinnessy and Ya Boy Black Ice (aka YBBI) thought it would be a worthwhile idea to record an impromtu video for Rinnessy's song entitled: "Respect Mine".

Listen to the YBBI show. We got some good BA shit you have never heard.
www.187radio.net/?p=archive&cat=ybbi_show

http://www.myspace.com/ybbishow

YBBI - 5.0 REASONS - 10th Anniversary CD (1998 - 2008)
Same Classic Album + 4 unreleased Bay Area G-Funk Tracks
187 Prod Online Store

For CDbaby, Biography, Myspaces, Youtubes, Classic Images, Branded Apparel and more
Visit http://www.travlyrics.com (select MUSIC)
Ya Boy Black Ice
Silver Rider

Message(s) : 161

Publicité

Publicité

Re: #041 (2009-02-25) - Richmond All Stars

Message par G-Ro le 25 Fév 2009, 20:21

nice little video YBBI.
this track is a SLAPPER!!!

K-LOU's a fucking musical wizard... talking about legend, he's like the phoenix, multi platinum producer with the mobb sound, he's coming with his own new "mobb sound" today, no duplicating unlike many others, the original.
T-Nutty, Mo-Keed, Young Jawz, Rinnessy (the list goes on), all got productions done by K-Lou on their last or upcoming release = QUALITY MUSIC
G-Ro
Diamond Rider

Message(s) : 1152

Message par Mr. Bay Area le 26 Fév 2009, 16:24

il en fallait pas tant pour le g-ro ...

richmond all stars bangin ! k-lou, master of the mobb sound, no doubt ! this man got game and is such a talented musician ! good tracklistin, good mobb shit, tight rappers, good radio show so ! what a fuck : the studio seems to be a house full of synthesizer and all the shit, im tripin, good video !

i was sure g-ro couldnt keep for himself all his emotions seeing the tracklistin and the name of your YBBI show !!!!!! richtown the city that kills !

cool YBBI, good show pz
>>> En Passant par le Stud' <<< Dispo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<< Album gratuit à télécharger le 30 Décembre sur 187 prod >>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/proxeass
Mr. Bay Area
Gold Rider

Message(s) : 228

Message par Ya Boy Black Ice le 27 Fév 2009, 01:08

@ G-Ro and Mr. Bay Area,

The video:
I'm glad you like the video. Just a small thing to give a glimpse of the Past, Present, and Future. Also, to show that not everyone was bamboozled by the new millennium. It is great to have collectors like you guys who value the Mobb Sound. We almost did not record the video. You know youtube can be brutal when viewed by people who value money, bitches, and jewelry over history, longevity, and good music.

Soon, we will upload the video of K-Lou giving you the grand tour as he describes his equipment.

Richmond All Stars:
I think The YBBI Show will stay in this mode for several weeks as there are many Richmond All Stars of the Golden Era who deserve an '09 Spotlight.

Hey, what is your opinion on G-Funk/G-Rap/Mobb Music in relation to the bad world economy? Are you guys still buying CDs? More Downloading? Have you paused your CD empires? Hit me back? Ask a few other folks to add their opinion.

187 Prod Online Store

For CDbaby, Biography, Myspaces, Youtubes, Classic Images, Branded Apparel and more
Ya Boy Black Ice
Silver Rider

Message par Mr. Bay Area le 27 Fév 2009, 10:36

Ya Boy Black Ice a écrit:It is great to have collectors like you guys who value the Mobb Sound

yea, for years and years we be tryin ( me and my bro ) to extend our collection of the bay area albums. We value the mobb sound as it always should be, various and never duplicated ! it's bad that the success bless many artists and let others on the bench ... but i think thats is n the game. So i still believe that real is recognized by the real, and thats the biggest satisfaction for an artist ... !!!

Ya Boy Black Ice a écrit:Soon, we will upload the video of K-Lou giving you the grand tour as he describes his equipment.

^^^or if my dream came true !!! haha, as a fan ( and now as a "producer" ... far far from him ), that would be a great present for my upcomin birthday YBBI ....

Ya Boy Black Ice a écrit:Hey, what is your opinion on G-Funk/G-Rap/Mobb Music in relation to the bad world economy? Are you guys still buying CDs? More Downloading? Have you paused your CD empires? Hit me back? Ask a few other folks to add their opinion.

for me ( and my big bro ), we ll continue to try extend our collection with the dopest albums of the golden times in the Bay ! i think i gotta eat a few less and still can buy me stuffs. I dont like downloadin shit, except thats true for cds out of order everywhere ( or 500$ for 1 album ) whoz still bangin after years !!!

and my opinion on the relation between the mobb sound and this bad economy world is : the more realer you stay, the more honor you will have ! as you said, this world is turnin just on appearance ( jewel, money, clothes and bitchez ), and the music is goin bad followin the fashion ! who got the biggest diamond ring, who got the biggest car, but fuck dat !

In my opinion, some rappers ( those who want that type of world ) are acting like "colonist" (if its the right term ) like they wanna be THE ONE and wanna destroy and humiliate those who are not at this level ! the mobb sound, ( and the rap in general ) must be more thinkin, criticizin in this crucial time to the fuckin system who wants the rich get richer, and see the poor people diiiiiiiie ! if the fashion is like that, i dont want that type of vision of the music ! we can do this, and live differently ! peoples all over the world are wakin up and standin up against this world and this system, so those in their music who anticipate that will be recognized ! real for the real !

( so this is my point of view, i got a lot of things to say, but the conversation must be more productive directly speakin, i hope my message is clear. Im not a hater, just a man who wants to see this system crashin forever and never stay up again )

thats it YBBI. I ll come back later to cee what you think of all that !

peace
>>> En Passant par le Stud' <<< Dispo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<< Album gratuit à télécharger le 30 Décembre sur 187 prod >>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/proxeass
Mr. Bay Area
Gold Rider

Message(s) : 228

Message par G-Ro le 01 Mars 2009, 19:08

I'm not really buying too many cds nowadays. I mean most of the music comin from the bay since 5-8 years is straight garbage IMO, only 5% of it worth a listening.

Everybody is selfclaimed "producer" making beats and putting out cds, but most of them got no talent at all. That Hyphy scene or new bay scene sounds horrible. Where are the bay music roots? Where is the musicality that used to put the bay on the map? Where's the Mobb sound? The market has been floaded with poor quality, simplistic beats.

So I'm only supporting artists that keep spending their time and money into quality music. That means the only cds I'm buying today from the bay scene must have some K-Lou productions (or at least mixing done him). He's the only one remaining (with Steve Vicious for the SoCal).

You said it, he's the PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. His music is evoluting but he still puts this bay flavor in it. And artist that comes to him for their music understand it. And the main important thing is that going to K-Lou's, they will respect the listener I am by bringing quality to my hears.

I know it cost a bit to get K-Lou on a project but I think but it's a safe investment if you don't want to sound like crap.
Like my man Mr. Bay Area said: fuck the jewelry man, it's all about quality.
G-Ro
Diamond Rider

Message(s) : 1152

Re: #041 (2009-02-25) -- Richmond All Stars

Message par Ya Boy Black Ice le 17 Mars 2009, 04:53

@ Mr. Bay Area:

You know there are other classic acts who want to get back into music. They see no reason to invest without the proper Listener/Customer/Forum. I'm working to show them the truth, but the Bay Area Mind Trick is strong. In my opinion, many people can't hear me because I am not Ballin. How could my " No-Bently/No-Diamonds/No-Gold Grill/No-Premium jeans saggin to my knees/No-Hella YouTube hits/Married with kids" having-ass possibly know wussup. Impossible!

Here is what I know after being in the business of custom services for nearly 15 years. The best deal is made as a result of honest conversation between buyer and seller. Tell us what you value at what price. If it possible, we will build it for you per your terms (with my flavor of course) or we will say, "we can't do that". For me, dishonest conversations have always produced results ending with some disagreement. For example, many people will say "You are wack" and "You charge too much" rather than say "I would pay X amount to hear A, B, & C" or "I just can't afford it today, but I will pass the word".

some rappers ( those who want that type of world ) are acting like "colonist" (if its the right term ) like they wanna be THE ONE and wanna destroy and humiliate those who are not at this level !

I agree. In my opinion Rap has become similar to a battle between starving warlords fighting over an imaginary bag of rice. Like "This is the only rice in the entire world. I will kill, destroy, and humiliate all those who attempt to eat from this bag of rice". Dude, calm down. Its rice. We can grow more. I should make a song called 'Colonists, Cannibals and the Incredible Imaginary Bag of Rice'. I choose not to have for dinner Rappers over imaginary rice.

Look, two years ago from today, I was in self-exile vowing to die knowing that another classic album had been slept-on. Now, I'm talkin to you about dinner. :shock: I am still Shocked.

Its crazy. Today, I read a blog comment that said Warren G was "...too old, overweight, and unattractive" to be a rapper. And this was from a guy.

With all that said, please believe I have made some stupid-ass decisions and not taken responsibility. But for the past 20 years, my opinion has been this:
::: Fair trade no robbery.
::: Be honest with me. I'll be honest with you.
::: Your success is my success.
::: If you collapse, then I collapse.
::: You do your job and I'll do mine.
::: The best way to avoid elephant-shit is do not join the circus.
::: No negative energy.

I'll stop here. I too can go on.

187 Prod Online Store

Ya Boy Black Ice
Silver Rider

Re: #041 (2009-02-25) -- Richmond All Stars

Message par lowkey le 18 Mars 2009, 12:32

Ya Boy Black Ice a écrit:
Its crazy. Today, I read a blog comment that said Warren G was "...too old, overweight, and unattractive" to be a rapper. And this was from a guy.

lol :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Playaz Rendez-Vous - Every Other Sunday - 9-11pm - 187 Radio

''trying to keep the devil way down in the hole''
lowkey
Platinum Rider

Message(s) : 829

Retour vers 187 PROD